Criticize the various techniques of motivating the employees
Find a case and criticize the result of a case of employee motivation.
To do this topic, must criticize the various methods of motivating the employees that have been discussed below. Can suggest other motivation ways to enhance training effectiveness.
Use a case from a multinational company/a well known company around the world. Use at least 5 academic references. At least 1200 words
– Most workers in any organization need something to keep them working in a positive way. Most of the time, the salary of the ttl f‘nf. employees is enough to keep them working for an organization, but if there is no motivation employee’s quality of work or all work in general will deteriorate.
– Wage – compensation based on an hourly pay rate or the amount of output produced
– Salary – compensation calculated on a periodic basis, such as weekly or monthly
Most firms base compensation decisions on five factors:
1) Salaries and wages paid by other – companies that compete for the same
2) Government legislation (minimum wage)
3) The cost of living
4) The firm’s ability to pay
5) Worker productivity
Four Forms of Incentive Compensation
Profit Sharing- Bonus based on company profits
Gain Sharing – Bonus based on productivity gains, cost savings, or quality improvements
Lump Sum Bonus One-time payment or option to buy shares of company stock based on performance
Pay for Knowledge- Salary increase based on learning new job tasks
– Goal: target, objective, or result that someone tries to accomplish.
– Goal-setting theory – people will be motivated to the extent to which they accept specific, challenging goals and receive feedback that indicates their progress toward goal achievement.
Pull and Push factors
– This model is usually used when discussing motivation within the context of tourism.
– Push factors
– Determine the desire to go on holiday, whereas pull factors determine the choice of destination
– Push motives are connected with internal forces, for example the need for relaxation or escapism, while pull factors are the external factors, such as landscape, cultural image or the climate of a destination, that induce a traveller to visit a certain location
– What is your idea on the pull factors?
– What do this factors tell you about the importance of motivation in workplace?
– Employee Benefits – Rewards such as -retirement plans, health insurance, vacation, and tuition reimbursement provided for employees either entirely or in part at the company’s expense
Employee motivation cont’
– When motivating an audience, general motivational strategies or specific motivational appeals can be used.
– General motivational strategies include soft sell versus hard sell and personality type
– Soft sell strategies have logical appeals, emotional appeals, advice and praise (positive motivation)
– Hard sell strategies have barter, outnumbering, pressure and rank (negative motivation)
– Specific motivational appeals focus on provable facts, feelings, right and wrong, rewards and threats
– Allow employees to adjust their working hours and places of work to accommodate their personal needs.
– Flextime allows employees to set their own work hours within constraints specified by the firm.
– A compressed workweek allows employees to work the regular number of weekly hours in fewer than the typical five days
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The paper ordered is very original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry which ensures that the the essay written is 100% original. In that regard,we have a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
Our Company thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provides the request within Fifteen (15) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endeavor to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more