In the prospectus, proposal, and dissertation there are 10 strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible.
These points, which provide a guide for our vision for the research, are present in almost any research study. The ability to identify these points is one of the first skills required in the creation of a viable doctoral dissertation. In this assignment, you will identify and evaluate 10 strategic points in a published quantitative research study.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Review the Casteel dissertation. ATTACHED
Locate the “Modified 10 Points Template.” ATTACHED
APA style is required for this assignment.
Using the “Modified 10 Points Template,” identify each of the 10 strategic points in this quantitative dissertation.
Complete the “Evaluation” section of the template by addressing the following questions (250-500 words) with regard to the 10 strategic points in the study:
· Discuss the key points in the literature review and how the author used this section to identify the gap or problem addressed in the study.
· Describe the variables under study and how they are a key component in this quantitative research study. You are not expected to understand the differences between variables at this point, but should be able to identify how they inform the problem, purpose, research questions, and data collection instruments.
· Describe the problem and how it informed the research questions under study.
· Describe the quantitative design used and why it is appropriate for the identified problem and research questions. Support your response with a peer-reviewed citation from a research source.
· Assess the appropriateness of the instruments used to collect data and answer the research questions as well as to address the stated problem.
· Discuss how the problem statement informed the development of the purpose statement in this study.
1. Evidence, Ontology, and Psychological Science: The Lesson of Hypnosis
Vandenberg, B. R. (2010). Evidence, ontology, and psychological science: The lesson of hypnosis. Journal of Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology, 30(1), 51-65. DOI:10.1037/a0016665
2. Knowledge and Knowing: The Journey From Philosophy and Psychology to Human Learning
Murphy, P. K., Alexander, P. A., & Muis, K. R. (2012). Knowledge and knowing: The journey from philosophy and psychology to human learning. In K. R. Harris, S. Graham, T. Urdan, C. B. McCormick, G. M. Sinatra, J. Sweller, … J. Sweller (Eds.), APA educational psychology handbook, Vol 1: Theories, constructs, and critical issues (pp. 189-226). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. DOI:10.1037/13273-008
3. Psychology: The Empirical Study of Epistemology and Phenomenology
Charles, E. P. (2013). Psychology: The empirical study of epistemology and phenomenology. Review of General Psychology, 17(2), 140-144. DOI:10.1037/a0032920
4. The Fragmented Object: Building Disciplinary Coherence Through a Contextual Unit of Analysis
Clegg, J. W. (2013). The fragmented object: Building disciplinary coherence through a contextual unit of analysis. Review of General Psychology, 17(2), 151-155. DOI:10.1037/a0032926
https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/login.aspx?direct=true&db=pdh&AN=2013-19344-001&site=ehost-live&scope=site. Get Psychology homework help today
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The paper ordered is very original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry which ensures that the the essay written is 100% original. In that regard,we have a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
Our Company thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provides the request within Fifteen (15) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endeavor to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more