Gunfire, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and casualties.
For many military men and women, the actions of war may not be left on the battlefield. Rather, many military men and women may find themselves addressing symptoms of trauma related to their military experience, otherwise known as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). As a result of many returning military, the transition into military duty or civilian life may be a complicated process. Additionally, this transition may also influence the significant relationships between military men and women.
For this Discussion, consider how the presentation of PTSD for active-duty military might be complicated by military experience. Using the Learning Resources and current literature, consider how PTSD may also affect significant relationships (e.g., family, spouse, and/or significant others).
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 an explanation of how the presentation of PTSD for active-duty military might be complicated by military experience. Then describe how PTSD might influence a military client’s transition into civilian life. Finally, explain how PTSD of military clients may affect their significant relationships.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and current literature.
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
o Conditions that May be a Focus of Clinical Attention
o Sleep-Wake Disorders
o Other Mental Disorders
· Paris, J. (2015). The intelligent clinician’s guide to the DSM-5 (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
o Chapter 15, Other Diagnostic Groupings
· Fox, J., & Jones, K. (2013). DSM-5 and bereavement: The loss of normal grief? Journal of Counseling & Development, 91(1), 113–119. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Larson, D. G., & Hoyt, W. T. (2007). What has become of grief counseling? An evaluation of the empirical foundations of the new pessimism. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 38(4), 347–355. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Lorber, W., & Garcia, H. A. (2010). Not supposed to feel this: Traditional masculinity in psychotherapy with male veterans returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research & Practice, 47(3), 296–305. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Sayer, N. A., Noorbaloochi, S., Frazier, P., Carlson, K., Gravely, A., & Murdoch, M. (2010). Reintegration problems and treatment interests among Iraq and Afghanistan combat veterans receiving VA medical care. Psychiatric Services, 61(6), 589–597. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Zisook, S., Corruble, E., Duan, N., Iglewicz, A., Karam, E., Lanouette, N., & … Young, I. (2012). The bereavement exclusion and DSM-5. Depression & Anxiety (1091–4269), 29(5), 425-443. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The paper ordered is very original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry which ensures that the the essay written is 100% original. In that regard,we have a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
Our Company thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provides the request within Fifteen (15) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endeavor to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more